SKIN IRREGULARITIES REMOVAL AT OTTAWA MEDISPA ALTA VISTA
What is Skin Irregularities Removal?
Using radio and high-frequency technology electrocoagulation treatments precisely target unwanted skin abnormalities without penetrating the skin’s surface or damaging the other layer of skin. The coagulation process dehydrates the treated tissue breaking down the unwanted cells forcing the body to create smoother, plumper, and healthier cells in their place. How Fast Will I See Results? Results can be seen right away and immediately after the treatment clients can expect some mild and temporary swelling and redness. The dehydration process will cause the tissues to form a scab that normally falls off within 7-10 days as the new skin cells start regenerating from underneath.
How does it work?
The Skin Irregularities Removal uses a high frequency electrical current that delivers a precise spark of electric current through a micro-probe to desiccate, dehydrate and cauterize skin growths. During the procedure the micro-probe remains above the skin surface; it does not penetrate the skin. As the growth is removed, a natural protective coating known as a scab develops that covers the treated area. The scab will fall off usually within 7-10 days and be replaced by healthy new skin cells and will gradually take on the color of the surrounding tissue. In most cases, there is no visible indication of the previous growth.
How does it differ from liquid Nitrogen?
The Skin Irregularities Removal is usually more effective than liquid Nitrogen in removing skin growths. Frequently, more than one application of liquid nitrogen is needed to remove a growth, whereas only one Skin Irregularities Removal treatment is usually necessary with electrocoagulation. Also, Skin Irregularities Removal treatments are less expensive and no risk of over-treating the growth creating damage to healthy tissue and leaving the skin lighter (hypopigmentation) or darker (hyperpigmentation).
Are the skin growths safe to remove?
In most cases, skin growths are non-cancerous and can be safely removed. The treatment is performed by a professional, certified technician who has been trained to identify the different types of skin growths appropriate for the treatment. All treatments are performed using the strictest sanitary procedures.
Is the treatment permanent?
Yes! Once the skin growths have been treated it will not return. However, if your skin is prone to these types of growths, new ones may appear elsewhere on your face and body. What Areas Can Be Treated? Electrocoagulation treatments are for patients that are experiencing benign, cosmetic irregularities such as skin tags, whiteheads, milia, clogged pores, blackheads (comedones) pigmented epidermal growths (fibromas), broken capillaries (telangiectasia), pimples or pustules, cholesterol deposits, and blood spots (Cherry Angioma) that are prevalent on the face and body.
- – Virtually Painless
- – Immediate, Permanent Results
- – No Bleeding
- – Superficially dries and dehydrates the Skin at the Epidermal Level
- – Excellent Results
- – One Time Treatment
- – Private and Convenient
- – Fully Insured Technician
- – Fast & Reliable for recurring irregularities
- – SKIN TAGS (clear or pigmented)
- – FIBROMAS (brown to purplish bumps usually on legs)
- – SEBORRHEIC or ACTINIC KERATOSES (brownish scaly rough patches)
- – CHERRY ANGIOMAS (red vascular blister type moles either flat or raised)
- – FRECKLES (some lighter and superficial beauty marks can be removed or lightened)
- – CHOLESTEROL DEPOSITS (white or off white fatty deposits on or under the eye lids)
- – SEBACEOUS HYPERLASIA (yellowish white donut shaped clogged oil gland)
- – BROKEN CAPILLARIES (fine facial red lines)
- – SPIDER NEVUS (central blood arterial with radiating thin-walled vessels)
- – MILIA (hard white bump known as Epstein’s Pearls, also referred to as a milk bump or oil seed under the skin)
- – HYPER PIGMENTATION (light to dark sun damage)
- – AGE SPOTS (light to dark)
- – CLOGGED PORES or CLOGGED HAIR FOLLICLES
- – PLANTAR WARTS (some mild to med cases)
- – BIRTH MARKS (client dependent)
You are not a good candidate if you have: cancer, HIV positive, a pace maker or similar cardiac (heart) device; have a history or present diagnosis of epilepsy (seizures); are pregnant; have an allergy to metals, specifically nickel, are diabetic (insulin) or take anticoagulants.
Come in for a complementary consultation and see the improvement!
- – Do NOT wash treatment sight until the next day, at least 24 hours: Softening of the brand-new scab with water may cause it to come off prematurely; the end result is that the skin will take longer time to heal.
- – Do NOT scratch the treated area: During the healing process, the area may become itchy, it is suggested to use the back of your hand to gently pat it a few times to aid the itchiness. This helps to avoid the irritation that may cause delay in the healing process.
- – Do NOT apply any product on the treatment sight: Products that are not instructed to apply on are most likely to cause irritation of the skin. The only two things that can be put on skin are sun protection or 100% mineral powder make up, make sure no rubbing and use clean and soft brush to apply the mineral powder.
- – Do NOT use sauna room, steam room, swimming, Jacuzzi, long showers or activities that cause excess sweat until the scab falls off. Extra wetness of the treatment sight may cause the scab to fall off prematurely, this will result in the scab to form again, and it causes delay in the healing process.
- – Do NOT use any acid product until two months after the treatment. There should be no exfoliation on brand new skin; as it may cause major irritation or acid burn to the new cells.
- – Do NOT use microdermabrasion or any other exfoliates for at least one month.
- – Do: Wear sun block every day.
- – Do: ONLY Use Polysporin or Neosporin if there is redness, soreness or irritation around the treatment sight. Apply at night only.
- – Do: ONLY Use “Mederma” after the scab falls off; this ointment may also help the skin to recover its natural color faster.